"A man's heart plans his way but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2007

ROSES FOR MAMA (Tribute to mom week)





I wrote this little post last year for my mom's birthday, and thought Mother's day is another perfect time to post it. For all you out there calling me a sap...sticks and stones may break my bones, but my mama understands me!! I get my sappiness from her! One of my favorite books awhile back was Roses for Mama by Jeanette Oke. I am far away from my mom, (she left me for Michigan ) and I wanted to do something special for her, so I'm writing her a letter for all to see.



Roses For Mama
If I could list the times I should have givin you a rose, it would go something like this:
A rose for every time I felt discouraged, you were always there for me, your encouragement still echos in my ears.


A rose for when I was excited because you were excited too.


A rose for every tear you wiped away as one slipped down your cheek because you were hurting for me.


A rose for all the winks you gave me before any performance or concert. Every time you did that I forgot my fears if even for a moment.


A rose for all the James Dobson letters you read to us.


A rose for all the times you invited someone over for dinner when we barely had enough to feed ourselves, showing me that hospitality is next to Godliness.


A rose for all the times you had us sacrifice something in order to bless someones else. And for all the times you were the one to lead by that example.


A rose for every homeschool day. And for every day I told you I would never put my kids through this homeschooling. How did you know I would end up homeschooling??


A rose for all the times you prayed I would, "get caught" and I would even go so far at to give you a rose for every time I was caught!


A rose for everytime you laughed at yourself when you did something a little "blonde" reminding me that we are not all perfect, and there is humor in that fact.


A rose for every note in every lunch box.


A rose for every time you disciplined me, teaching me that parenting is taking time to correct.
A rose for the time you laid down in the middle of the mall physically showing me that when you said,"we need to go", you meant "we need to go" I fully understand that concept now that I am a Mama!


A rose for every time you sacrificed yourself for your children.


A rose for all the Christmas memories.


A rose for every time I said I didn't like you. Now I stick my foot in my mouth because I am just like you!! That is something I am thankful for.


A rose for every time I never said thankyou.


I know God sent an angel here just for me when He sent you. I wasn't able to send you flowers on your special day, but I know the King of Kings is collecting all my
Roses For Mama.


Happy Mother's Day!
I love you

No comments: