"A man's heart plans his way but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Heavenly Father,

Help me to smile and laugh with my children today.
Help me to encourage them and compliment them on jobs
well done.
Please help me to remember to praise them more than
correct them.
Tie the heart strings of my children to You first
and then to Phil and I.
Give me:
Patience
Endurance
Joyfulness
Kindness
Gentleness
and
Self Control when it comes to the reactions I have to my children and their misbehaving.
Help me to be an example of you today. I will not ask for tomorrow, just today, for we are not guaranteed a tomorrow.
Help me to remember that.
Thank you for being You.
Thank you for the grace and mercy you show me everyday. Thank you for your forgiveness...help me to model that forgiveness today.
Thank you for every good and perfect gift you have given me...especially the 6 little blessing still sleeping peacefully in their beds...and for my hero here in earth,
Phil.
I love you Jesus.
Amen

2 comments:

mountain mama said...

amen!!

Shelby said...

Well said my friend, thank you for that reminder. I fall short all to often:( Richelle