"A man's heart plans his way but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

It takes a village?





I have heard it said:
It takes a village to raise a child.

I have also heard:
I have seen the village and I don't want it raising mine.

I think I would say:
Choose your village wisely!






As a mother, and I know Phil would agree as a father, that we need to be so careful who we allow to influence our children.  Debi Pearl has explained it like this, "Children are born with a clean slate...as they grow, they carry that slate with them always...written on by everyone the children encounter.  What is etched on that slate will go with them throughout their lives."

There is no eraser to undo what has been imprinted on their little hearts.

We are their built in filter as parents and we need to feel the weight of this responsibility.  We can no longer just pass them off to their teachers, peers and babysitters to do the job that God has given specifically to US!!

I do believe that God gives us help...we are not in it alone.  And if you are in a season such as we are, daddy is providing for his family.  We do not have him here as much as we would like, however, in this season, we have been supplied with a village.

Bank on it...look for it, and pray for it.

Those of you who do not have children or your children are grown...or you don't mind adding a few to your plate, look for disciples.
Help parent train, disciple and influence this next generation.
 We need a tidal wave...
We need a village to raise up a new generation of Godly, strong and unwavering body of Christ.

We need you.

Deuteronomy 4:9  “Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children’s children—

Deuteronomy 6:6-9 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.  You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.  You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Isaiah 38:19 The living, the living, he thanks you, as I do this day; the father makes known to the children your faithfulness.

Matthew 7:12 ”So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

2 Timothy 1:5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well.

2 Timothy 3:14-15 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

I am so thankful for our village!!  Thank you for all who invest in us, pray for us and continually write on the slates of my children.  You are part of God's grace and mercy in our parenting!! 
I love you all!

3 comments:

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

I love this post! So very true. Keilee and I were just talking about this today. How you are around things, even wrong or bad things, and you become accustomed to it. It becomes your 'normal'. Homeschooling allows me to filter some of those bad influences. I am so thankful for that.

Sorry I deleted my first comment. Typos. I blame the iPad. ;)

Anonymous said...

Energy training with dumbbells potential customers to more rapid gains in muscle mass and absolute electric power - genuine world energy - than could be accomplished any other way.


My site - free weights for sale used