"A man's heart plans his way but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Making of a Cowboy...

 Rain, Snow, Sleet or Shine...

Means nothing to a Farmer/Rancher...Cowboy or a Cowgirl. ;)
Life must go on...the work does not cease.
It just means you might be a little cold,
get a little muddy,
always getting dirty!
 2 Thessalonians 3:10 has always been a rule in our home.  We try to raise hard workers.  Children that will be an asset to all those they are around.  We try to model this as parents and it comes to mind not as a rule here, but as a method of survival. 
Work is essential...work is a must!
I think if everyone were provided the opportunity to work on a farm or ranch, they would leave changed forever!   Harder workers will NEVER be found.  

2 Thessalonians "For even when we were with you, we commanded you, that if any man would not work, neither should he eat.

 I wish you could see Russel's face in this one...he is blowing rasberries at the cattle to get them to move.  I laughed, but I guess it WORKS!! 
I am so thankful that I am married to a man that does not shy away from ANY kind of work.  He is up for anything...always providing.
He has said more than once, "I will flip burgers if that is what I have to do to feed my family."
He hasn't had to so far...God has given him so many useful gifts and tools!!
I have not had to "work" (outside the home) for 15 years!!
 Here on the ranch, he is willing and ready for whatever the need.
I wished I would have gotten a before photo of the semi loaded with cattle.  On uneven ground it got heavy on one side and my mom, Russ and Phil scattered to get pick up trucks to strap up to one side so that it wouldn't go over!!
It was CRAZY!!

Yes...
there he is...
My hard working hunny...the making of a cowboy.
 I must say that being out here on the ranch and watching my hardworking man do things he has NEVER in his LIFE had to dream of doing...
I have learned one thing...
 Start them when they are a little younger.

 MUCH easier!!  HA!!  ;)

1 comment:

Too Many Kids In The Bathtub said...

Rossie-
This is such a sweet testimony! I am so happy that your cowboy is blossoming! Montana is a great place for him!!! :) And you too!!! :)