"A man's heart plans his way but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008


I have always been one to believe that baths were overrated. I am here to say...I was wrong! A few nights ago, after "One of THOSE days", when my DH came home, I decided to take a bubble bath. For all modesty purposes, I am going to say I was wearing my bathing suit. I made sure to put an extra amount of bubbles, and I lit a candle and placed it right next to my feet. I read a chapter from my book, "How to make children mind without losing yours" by Norm Wright. I prayed (Hopefully God doesn't mind bathtub prayers!) And I fell asleep!!


When I pulled that plug, being sucked down the drain was not only the dirty water from poop, spit up, maple syrup, snotty buggars and mushed bananas...it was the knots in my shoulders from carrrying the kiddos, the worry of, "are my kids gonna remember all the not so great mothering moments?", the stress of juggling all the household tasks, the inadequacy I feel as a wife, and all the burdens I laid down at the foot of the cross. I had been baptized in the tub!!!!


God bless whomever invented the bubble bath...It saved my life!

3 comments:

Raquel said...

so i still think it is gross to sit in your dirty butt water but whatever =) i think you are a GREAT mom Rossie! and thank the Lord for his grace and the fact that hopefully our kids wont remember all the things that we messed up on right?!

Kari said...

Rossie, love the analogy. So true - everything washed away. God is good! And as for the mom thing - sister you’re a great mom. Whatever you feel inadequate about should only reinforce that it is through Christ you can do everything and anything.

HAPPYHANERHOME said...

Amen sista! I am putting on my "bathing suit" right now! I LOVE your teeth! They look gorgeous.