"A man's heart plans his way but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day






Psalm 24:1-2
"The earth is the Lord's and everything in it, the world and all who live in it, for he founded it upon the seas and established it among the waters."


I always feel so convicted when Earth Day comes each year. Have I done my part in being a good steward of this wonderful planet God created for us? I know we are only one family but we are a bigger family and the just garbage we produce is astonishing!

Since we really can't afford to do all the wonderful things such as, solar power etc. we will settle for dealing with our trash and others individuals as well if possible.


There is no recycling here in Big Sandy, but I figure we will still set up our bins for cans, paper and glass so that we can bring them into one of the bigger cities when we go in. We will only be able to recycle until they are full because we just don't have the room to keep extra around but we do go into the big cities enough to hopefully keep on top of it.
We also read THIS article together today.
I am so open to other ideas if any of you do other things. ;)

1 comment:

chase lounge said...

I love your blog. You have a beautiful family. But, it would be great to get in touch with you. I am trying to pull together a Power reunion Pep rally and your name was one of the ones I was given. Not sure how else to contact you. You can get me at thousandangelkisses@hotmail.com.

Thanks, Karyl